DMT: A Trip To Get Away From Depression?
Ruairi Mackenzie, Senior Science Writer for Technology Networks, recently interviewed Peter Rands, Small Pharma CEO, about DMT, Small Pharma clinical trials, and psychedelic medicines for depression.
Highlights of the questions from their discussion are as follows:
- DMT’s main utility versus other psychedelics is a shorter “trip” – how significant is the difference in trip length and experience versus, for example, psilocybin?
- What were the headlines from your Phase I trial?
- What are the key details of your upcoming Phase IIa clinical trial?
- The trial is to be placebo-controlled. What placebo will be used? How can trials involving psychedelics effectively blind patients when a trip is part of the experience?
- What is next for Small Pharma beyond the targeting of major depressive disorder?
Always enthusiastic about Small Pharma’s future, Peter told Ruairi:
…there is a growing body of evidence for the application of psychedelics in other mental health and neurological conditions. We are excited by this promising potential and of course we are always exploring the latest research to provide the basis of future clinical programs. We intend to regularly update with developments of other clinical programs and so follow us to stay tuned with our latest updates!”
READ THE FULL TECHNOLOGY NETWORKS ARTICLE HERE